Friday, August 20, 2010

Nicole Eisenmann





Nicole Eisenmann's portraits attracted me the most. Her pieces are not necessarily messy but they have a lot of energy and movement. Her other works are also very humorous and a bit more risque. She puts a bra on a man, creates a funny yet sad death of a boy who was hung up on a giraffe and an attractive cowgirl pooping. Some of her pieces just made me go "WTF?!" but I think that's a good thing. They definitely grabbed my attention which is a good thing.
Eisenmann works with many mediums. She creates paintings, drawings, installations and mixed media pieces among others.

The only thing I find a bit puzzling about this artist is that she is all over the place. She creates murals that look more realistic then does a series of portraits that are completely different and more cartoon like. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, I'm just not use to seeing an artist like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment