Friday, August 20, 2010

Lily van der Stokker





Lily van der Stokker is a dutch painter known mostly for her large paintings often on walls and sometimes including furniture or other accessories (installations). Her pieces are colorful, playful and look like doodles which I love. I would say her work is also whimsical but in a more carefree way. Stokker includes text into some of her pieces. Often times she will divulge information from her own life, like little facts about people she likes, things she's done and so on. I read that her work is quite radical in today's modern art scene because it is so easily understood by many. I wouldn't have thought of that but it makes sense. She wants it to be accessible and relate-able to the everyday person.
What I really want to know is if she made the furniture herself (or had it made) or if she found the pieces and then transformed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment