Friday, August 20, 2010

Helen Musslewhite






Helen Musslewhite's artwork is nothing I've ever tried. I love the 3D quality of it. Her pieces look delicate yet sturdy at the same time.

"Each piece combines the hand cutting, folding and scoring of a wide range of papers and card that are further worked on to create patterned and textured surfaces. They are then used to build scenes in box frames which are often complex and consist of many layers. This process means that each item of work is truly individual with no two pieces the same. Influenced by the natural world each piece is manipulated to become an intriguing place, a glimpse into another world of fiction and fairytale."

I love the childlike feel of her pieces. They tell a story while being simple at the same time. I have a great appreciation for her work because I don't have the patience or skills to pull this off.

No comments:

Post a Comment