Friday, August 20, 2010

Sam Chivers





I really love Sam Chivers work as well. I love his shapes and how he uses them. I love graphic nature of his pieces. Chivers started making prints in 2004. He said he loved it because he became his own robot, repeating his images over and over and yet each one was a bit different which he also liked. I guess it made it more human and flawed. Chivers designs start as doodles created when he's bored. He then takes the better ones and edits them into designs seen above. Chivers seems to be inspired by science, especially space and stars.

I was suprised to find out that Chiver's work is created by printmaking rather than on a computer. I've never tried printmaking but his works seem pretty complex and difficult to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment