Wednesday, May 19, 2010

John Kenn



My monster drawings made me think of John Kenn's "Gorey" like drawings. I love edward gorey and his sarcastic outlook on life. Kenn's pictures are often humorous and seem to follow in gorey's footsteps in terms of style. They both rely mostly on pen and ink. I feel that many people might now understand Kenn's work or think that it's creepy but to me it's just funny and interesting. It reminds me of what one would see in a crazy dream. Kenn's monsters make mine look like a disney character. The only downside to Kenn's work is that even though I could find a lot of it I couldn't find much on the artist himself.

1 comment:

  1. I like it! Here are some more artists... Raymond Pettibon, Glen Baxter, and there is a woman who I am trying to remember, I will look it up when I go to my studio.

    ReplyDelete