Thursday, June 10, 2010

Raymond Pettibon

Raymond Pettibon is an American artist. His work often resembles stills from a comic and are oftentimes ironic and violent. He works mostly in black and white with just ink and paper although he does use color sometimes. Pettibon uses both text and images together succesfully and tackles all kinds of topics in his works. Nothing seems to risque. I personally like the fact that many of these make me laugh and the fact that they're not traditional art. They remind me somewhat of one of my favorite websites marriedtothesea.com. Their comics always have me cracking up. I think I want to create something along these lines. Something that doesn't necesarrily use text but something that makes people laugh and has a clear message.



No comments:

Post a Comment